☆ Exploring the two incredible remnants of the former Soviet Empire: Red Square and the Kremlin
☆ Discover the artistic heritage of the Hermitage and the impressive fortress of St. Peter and St. Paul
☆ Fabulous Moscow river dinner cruise
☆ Exploring the Golden Ring
☆ High-speed train - the most convenient way to travel between Moscow St. Petersburg
☆ Leisure time in Moscow and St. Petersburg
1) Round-trip international flight from New York City / Los Angeles / San Francisco to Russia.
【San Jose/ Washington / Boston/ Las Vegas / Chicago / Houston / Seattle --Depart Need USD 300 More】
【Atlanta / Austin / Charlotte / Dallas / Denver / Detroit / Memphis / Miami / Fort Lauderdale / Milwaukee / Orlando--Depart Need USD 500 More】
【Oklahoma City / Philadelphia / Phoenix / Portland Oregon / Sacramento / San Antonio / San Diego / New Orleans --Depart Need USD 500 More】
Land tour Only without round trip air ticket: 【-USD500 Minus】
2) Ground transportation between the cities ( BY BUS ).
3) Hand-picked 4-star hotel accommodations with daily ABF.
4) Sightseeing admission fees as listed on the agenda. (exclude optional program)
5) Food as specified on the itinerary (B-breakfast L-lunch D-dinner X-no meal).
Please note that if the flight for your tour is during the lunch or dinner time, your meal will be served on board by the airline.
6) Special cultural programs as specified in the schedule.
7) Professional English speaking local tour expert.
8) Sapsan high-speed train tickets(Economy Class).
9) All tax and fuel surcharge.
Depart from Canada/USA to Frankfurt. Beverages and meals to be served on board.
Upon arrival at Moscow’s International Airport meet and be greeted by a local guide. Transfer to hotel. The remainder of your day is at leisure. The country’s principal political, economic, financial, educational center, Moscow is one of the oldest and most beautiful Russian cities. It is the site of the famous Kremlin and is world-renowned for its architecture and performing arts culture. Its museums and galleries are some of the largest and most important in the world, housing frequent art exhibitions. Moscow is also well known as the site of Saint Basil’s Cathedral, with its colorful onion domes, as well as the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
After breakfast at your hotel, we will visit the Kolomenskoye nature reserve, located south of the Kremlin. The Kolomenskoye is the 14th-century summer resort reserved for the king of Moscow. King Ivan and the Russian Tsars. From the beginning of the 16th century many emperors, such as Ivan Leidi and Peter the Great have built villas at this park. The park is home to many 14th-17th century churches and wooden palaces that are still standing like the exhibits in a museum. Tsar Alexis Mikhailovich’s wooden palace was referred to by contemporaries as the“Eighth Wonder of the World”.
You’ll see 【Lenin Hills】, also known as 【Spar-row Hills】, located on the south bank of the Moscow River, the highest point in the city. There you’ll find a famous viewing platform, located 85 metres above the river overlooking the city. The viewing platform is also the gateway to 【Lomonosov Moscow State University】, the largest university in Russia. Established over 250 years ago, it is a highly ranked university that has produced many Nobel Prize winners. Tour concludes with a Moscow River scenic cruise - the best way to enjoy Moscow’s beautiful views from the water. Witness the beauty of Moscow’s highlights at dusk on this 2.5-hour dinner cruise.
After breakfast at your hotel, we will visit Russia’s main square called Red Square. Red Square is widely regarded as the most majestic and beautiful sights in Moscow. See the exuberant 【Saint Basil´s Cathedral】, one of the most recognizable symbols of the country. Next to the Red Square is the famous 【Kremlin】, a military fortification, palace, armory, sovereign treasury and the workplace of the Russian President. The Kremlin is the center of Russia´s political life and state power and has been home to Tsars, General Secretaries of the Soviet Union and Russian Presidents.
Next visit【Novodevichy Cemetery】, the most famous cemetery in Moscow. The park like cemetery contains the tombs of Russian authors, musicians, playwrights, poets, scientists and politicians including former Russian President Boris Yeltsin.
The final leg of the tour visits 【Moscow’s Metro system】and the 【Old Arbat】. The Moscow Metro is one of the largest and most grand metro systems in the world. It was designed to be a showcase of the Soviet Union´s achievements both for the citizens themselves and for visitors from abroad. The stations are all uniquely designed with decorative elements including mosaics, statues, marble floors, walls and staircases. 44 of the 206 stations are considered cultural heritage sites. The tour will then proceed to Old Arbat street. You will be told of the cobblestone street´s intriguing history and view the street´s artisan culture. You will also have the opportunity to view and purchase souvenirs from the street´s many vendors.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will be free to explore this historical city at your own leisure.
Or you can join an optional Golden Ring tour with lunch.
The Golden Ring of Russia is an immense region in which historic Russian cities are situated in a ring-like course that makes for a popular tourist route. 【Sergiev Posad】 is one of the oldest cities on the Golden Ring and a spiritual centre of Russia. It is home to the【Trinity Monastery of St Sergius】, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next head to the 【Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics 】, a museum dedicated to space exploration. The museum's rich and unique collection retraces the progress in rocket technology, scientific discovery and daily life of cosmonauts. With your guide, discover how the Soviet Union became a dominant power in the space conquest, then how this heritage was carried by the Russian Federation and its current role in space exploration. Marvel at the exhibits as your guide shares with you the stones of the Soviet heroes of space conquest. End your visit by a tour of the 【VDNKH Park 】. Akin to a Soviet-era theme park, 【VDNKH Park】 was built in 1939 to showcase the socialist economy and lifestyle of the most beautiful parks of Moscow. This extraordinary sight features two impressive fountains and unique pavilions built to represent the Soviet accomplishments and industries.
Optional tour: The Golden Ring full day tour with lunch USD 120.00/Person
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the railway station and board the high-speed train to 【St. Petersburg】. Founded by Tsar Peter the Great in 1703 as a "window to Europe", St. Petersburg served as the capital of the Russian Empire for more than two hundred years. At present, it has become a major European cultural center and the most important Russian port on the Baltic with a city center named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After lunch, you'll set out on an exploration that will acquaint you with such world-renowned sights as the 【Sphinx】and 【Bronze Horseman】. Visit 【Kazan Cathedral】. Dedicated to Our Lady of Kazan, this Russian Orthodox cathedral is one of the most venerate icons in Russia. Next, arrive at 【St Isaac's Cathedral】. This holy place is one of the world's four largest dome churches and welcomes over 2 million visitors each year. Next see the 【Admiralty】, one St. Petersburg's oldest and most important buildings and the former headquarters of the Imperial Russian Navy. The original Admiralty Yard was built in 1706 to plans by Peter the Great himself, and the site was chosen to be within the range of the cannon of the Peter and Paul Fortress so the building could be destroyed if captured by the enemy. A U-shaped structure with an internal canal, it served as the shipyard that built the backbone of the nascent Russian Navy. Also, you’ll see the 【Spit of Vasilievsky Island】. The spit and its columns serve as one of the symbols of the city of St. Petersburg. Constructed in 1810 to celebrate the victory over the Swedish navy and symbolize the might of the Russian fleet, the columns are each adorned with six rostra - the prow of a captured ship. Tonight, you can have free time to explore Neva Street and relax as you please.
After breakfast at your hotel, visit 【The Peterhof Palace】, a series of palaces and gardens located seafront just outside of St. Petersburg. Laid out on the orders of Peter the Great, these gardens are commonly referred to as the “Russian Versailles” and the “Capital of Fountains”. Tour the elaborate lower park, where you will see the world’s largest system of fountains. There are four major cascades and over 140 fountains, including the spectacular Grand Cascade located directly under the Grand Palace, where a golden statue of Samson grasps the mighty jaws of a lion. Later, visit 【Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood】. Also known as “The Church of the Resurrection”, it was built in memory of Alexander II who was assassinated in 1881. The church stands in the very place where a bomb was thrown into his carriage by a young man who opposed the Tsar's reforms. Displaying a similar facade to St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, the Cathedral of the Savior on Spilled Blood attracts people with its five onion-domes exuberantly decorated and covered in jewelers’ enamel. Its peculiar multicolored exterior makes it stand out from St. Petersburg’s typically strict architectural proportions and color combinations.
Next visit【Peter and Paul Fortress】: The birthplace of St. Petersburg and the first structure to be built in the new city founded by Peter the Great on the 27th of May 1703. The most visible landmark within the cathedral is its spire stands more than 400 feet tall and is topped with an angel holding a cross.
After breakfast at your hotel, enjoy this day to discovery St. Petersburg on your own.
Or take our optional St. Petersburg full day tour.
Your local director will take you to stroll amongst St. Petersburg’s historical architecture. Visit Catherine Palace, named after Catherine I, the wife of Peter the Great, who ruled Russia for two years after her husband's death. Originally a modest two-storey building commissioned by Peter for Catherine in 1717, the Catherine Palace owes its awesome grandeur to their daughter, Empress Elizabeth, who chose the Tsarskoe Selo estate as her chief summer residence. Starting in 1743, the building was reconstructed by four different architects, before Bartholomeo Rastrelli, Chief Architect of the Imperial Court was instructed to completely redesign the building on a scale to rival Versailles. While touring Catherine Palace don`t forget to visit the legendary Amber Room. The original Amber Room was a gift to Peter the Great in 1716 and was made of several tons of gemstone. It was looted during World War II and was later reconstructed and installed in Catherine Palace between 1979 and 2003. After lunch, your tour concludes with a visit to the Winter Palace, the former residence of the Russian Tsars from 1732 to 1917. In its interior, you’ll find the famous Hermitage Museum whose collection has more than three million works of art by artists as famous as Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci.
Optional tour: St. Petersburg one day tour with lunch USD 150 /Person
Free Day at Leisure.
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the airport for your flight home.
1) Travel insurance.
2) Any personal expenses.
3) A Mandatory Service Charge & Tipping USD 180 per person is required and payable to the tour guide on the first day of arrival【CASH】 Or It Can Be Paid by Credit Card Before Depart.
4) Tour Extensions and Optional programs.
5) Single supplement USD 750 ( If you travel by yourself ).
6) Russian Visa fee.
Optional Programs-(Choose before the trip; Minimum guarantee of 10 ppl) :
Day 05: The Golden Ring full day tour with lunch USD 120 per person
Day 08: St. Petersburg one day tour with lunch USD 150 per person
Stay Like A Local-Extensions:
1) Return Flight Extension-3 DAYS （Drop Off Service Not included )
Price: USD 299 /person
*Air Ticket change fee & fare difference from the original itinerary
2) Return Flight Extension-5 DAYS （Drop Off Service Not included)
Price: USD 399 /person
*Air Ticket change fee & fare difference from the original itinerary
RUSSIA REQUIRE A VISA FOR USA & CANADA PASSPORT HOLDERS.
Russia Visa Service(U.S. Passport Holders: Multiple Entries Valid For Up To 3 Years): USD 320.
Inturist Kolomenskoe / SunFlower Park Hotel / Best Western Vega Hotel / Similars
Park Inn by Radisson / AZIMUT Hotel St. Petersburg / Similars
(*UTOvacation reserves the right to confirm the airlines below)
☆ United Airline:
☆ American Airline:
☆ Delta Airline:
☆ Air Canada:
☆ Lufthansa Airlines
☆ Jet Airways
☆ Lot Polish Airlines
☆ Tap Air Portugal
☆ Austrian Airlines
☆ KLM Airlines
☆ Air France
☆ French Bee Airline
☆ Virgin Atlantic
☆ Vueling Airlines
☆ Air Caraibes
☆ Level Airline
☆ Norwegian Air Shuttle
☆ Air Italy
☆ Aer Lingus
☆ Swiss International Air Lines
☆ Scandinavian Airlines
☆ Brussels Airlines
☆ British Airways
☆ Turkish Airlines
☆ Ukraine Intl Airlines
1) We reserve the right to modify the itinerary if necessary subject to the local conditions.
2) Guaranteed departure with minimum of 10 travelers.
3) Price subject to change at the time of reservation.
4) For travelers under 12 years old are as follow:
|Child between 2-11 |
years old with bed
|Infant under 2 years old|
|100% of |
adult tour fare
We don't suggest people bring Infants under 2 years old to participate on this tour
5) Tour fare is based on American/Canadian adults (non-student group), twin share.
6)THE HOTELS LISTED IN THE ITINERARY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND MAY BE SUBSTITUTED WITH A SIMILAR CATEGORY HOTEL WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, IF UNAVAILABLE. MULTI-CARRIERS/AIRLINES ARE USED FOR THE GROUP TOUR AIRFARE. ONCE THE GROUP TICKETS ARE ISSUED THE AIRLINE INFORMATION MAY BE RELEASED BY THE GROUP TICKETING DEPARTMENT ABOUT 30 DAYS PRIOR TO TRIP DEPARTURE. UTO VACATION CAN RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ISSUE TICKETS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
7) For Travel Visa service：
* If you choose UTO’s Visa Application Service with your booking, we will contact you by email about 60-120 days prior to trip departure for your visa application. Please call 1-855-526-1286 for more information.
* Please note: A final trip confirmation will be sent to the main contact passenger via email one month prior to departure that includes a day-by-day itinerary, hotel information, and flight information. If acquiring a visa on your own, the supporting documents will be provided from UTO Vacation one month prior to the trip departure date. Supporting documents requested early are subject to a $50 administration fee.
8) ANY DEVIATIONS TO OTHER DESTINATIONS AND/OR EXTENSIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A $150 CHANGE FEE, PLUS ANY AIR FARE DIFFERENCE---PLEASE CALL 1-855-526-1286 FOR DETAIL INFORMATION.
9) Reservation changes: changes to an existing reservation, whatever the cause, will incur a $100 per person charge plus any additional supplier fees. This includes name changes* and removal of any services such as optional tours and transfers. *Please note that name changes to airline reservations are subject to full cancellation and re-booking. See airline name changes section for specific information. Replacing a traveling passenger with another traveling passenger constitutes a cancellation, subject to cancellation penalties, and is not covered by this reservation changes policy. Changes or additions after departure are subject to local rates at the time of amendment and must be paid directly by the passenger to the service provider. There are no refunds for unused services.
10) Please note that if the flight for your tour is during the lunch or dinner time, your meal will be served on board by the airline.
11) All tour extension & optional programs require a minimum of 10 participants to commence. UTOvacation reserve the rights to cancel the tour extension without prior notice. In the instance of cancellation, the tour extension or optional tours shall be refunded.
12) This tour requires some walking during sightseeing. Handicap facilities are not up to the North American standard. We ask all passengers to be careful of the small steps in the old shrines and temples.